Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Practicing Petals

The friendor that will be making our cutting cake & cupcakes had some spare time and some spare gum paste so she practiced making sunflowers to go on the cutting cake. Here is what she came up with:




She just put them on a styrofoam base, so the "cake" portion can be disregarded. I think I like the trio of sunflowers. What do you think?

Now I just need to find some ideas for the side decoration. I did a Flickr search for "wedding cake, blue" and found this one that I liked:

{source}

Then I did a Flickr search for "wedding cake, sunflower" and found this one:

{source}

I have blue satin ribbon that is leftover from another project, so I could give that to the Friendor and then if she can combine the top cake with the ribbon with the arrangement of sunflowers on the second cake we may just have a winner!

Have you turned to Flickr for photo inspiration when Google has failed you??

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I love sunflowers! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

these are lovely and look so realistic she did a wonderful job.I think the blue ribbon will be very pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails