Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Countdown: The DIY wrap up

T-minus 7 days and it was a flurry of DIY at both my house and my mom's house.

First - some of my cost cutting DIY projects:

I designed the DIY water bottle labels in Photoshop and sent them to Staples to be printed. I had already created the monogram and the template was used previously for the Baby Shower I did back in February. My template is in a layered Tiff format if you would like a copy please leave a comment. I fit 6 labels on the 8.5 x11 paper. I print at Staples because it is almost borderless and there is very little trimming. The added bonus was they print with a laser printer so the ink doesn't run if it gets wet.
24 sheets at 49 cents each = $11.76 or about 8 cents a label


I finished stapling the vellum packets that would go on the bottles to serve as the placecard on the table. I used this tutorial for basic measurements, but altered the directions and used a 1 1/2" hole punch instead. As you see I used staples instead of the eyelets and I didn't add many of the decorative touches that the tutorial shows. The vellum paper was left over from the address wrap labels I made for the invitations and the staples were already on hand as well. The only thing I had to buy was the hole punch. I used a 40% off coupon and got it for about $5 at Micahel's, but I used a gift card I had been given.


I finished the DIY fan programs!! I ended up cutting all 98 programs by hand. I did NOT buy the pre-cut paper like I had originally planned. This cut the cost of the program down dramatically though.
I purchased 2-50 packs of Ivory scrapbook cardstock at Michaels for about $2 each (since the paper packs were on sale when I went).
I used small gold scrapbooking brads. The package of 100 cost $2.99.
It took 3 spools of the thin blue ribbon and 50 cents a roll at Joann's that was only $1.50.
Total cost was less than $10 for 98 programs
(I had 2 pages that the printer misprinted and could be saved.



I even found 2 "family" signs at the Dollar Tree that I painted to go on the 2 reserved family tables.


2 signs at $1 each = $2
The paint was from my mom's stash that we used for multiple projects.

Towards the end when money was getting tight we began using what we had, using coupons and searched the Dollar Tree for supplies.

3 comments:

writtenbliss said...

I am continually impressed with all your DIYs! Most of my projects fizzled out and didn't end up happening, but yours all look so great!

{ Joy } said...

You did such an amazing job!! The programs look so PRO!!

Shelby said...

Ha! I have the exact SAME family signs sitting on my desk in the living room! Although I NEVER thought of buying more and using them @ the reception!! Thanks for the idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails