Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Signage: Photobooth

Inspired by the signs/posters that Mrs. Cupcake made for a few of the new bee's, I dusted off my Photoshop and Digital Scrapbooking supplies and made myself a sign.

I didn't take screenshots for a tutorial but if you are familiar with Photoshop this wasn't too hard at all. Hopefully you can follow along.

I made my new canvas in Photoshop the dimension that I wanted my finished poster (18x24). I used various text styles to curve the text at the top of the poster. The font I used is called Harrington as is available at FontSpace. To make editing easier the text is split into multiple layers so I can adjust each section as needed.

Then I opened my digital scrapbooking kit from Melissa Bennett called Retro Cocoa that I purchased from Sweet Shoppe Designs. I used the blue and brown background papers, the sunflower and 2 different flourish designs. I used the blue background paper as on overlay on some of the text and used a clipping mask so that the text not only had color but texture as well. I arranged the rest of the elements until I liked my design. As a final touch I added some dropshadows for dimension.

Once I was happy with my design I saved a layered TIFF (in case I needed to edit anything) and then a flat jpeg at the highest level so that it was not compressed.

I used Staples for my printing. I use them for business stuff so I get reward credit. I uploaded my design online and followed the directions to select the finished size, the mounting and the lamination. The total cost was $15.00. Here is the final product on a wooden easel that I bought at the Salvation Army for 75 cents.

1 comment:

Aarika said...

I love the photobooth signage. It's so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails