Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dolly Dress: Alterations (take 2)

Yesterday after work Mom & I headed to a second seamstress. The first seamstress that I went to is gone on vacation till the end of the month. I felt uneasy about waiting that long. The plus side to the new seamstress is that she is at a Bridal Shop, not her home and she is only a few blocks away from the shop. That makes it very easy to head over for fittings.

When I walked out of the dressing room to have my mom zip the back she said "You've lost weight" YIPPY!!! Those are very sweet words to hear, believe me :) I had brought a necklace to try with my dress as well (it was on loan) Mom and I both agreed it was a little too thick and didn't compliment my dress.

The seamstress came over and we showed her the problem areas of the bust. She made a few marks with her pins and that was that. For the changes she quoted us $40-$45! Not bad at all. I go back on August 10th. I am actually hoping that by then she will need to take the waist in. I just have to keep getting up in the morning for those walks.

I am still a little disappointed that the bodice wasn't made how I requested :( I did not ask for a boatneck. I asked for a tank. There is no way to make the dress into the original style that I requested and paid for :(

Are you disappointed with any aspect of your dress?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't see the bottom of your dress and see if the color! ;)

Anonymous said...

how are the alterations working out?

Related Posts with Thumbnails