Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Black and White Affair

originally posted 5/9/2009


This was one of the classiest bridal showers I have attended in a long time. The bride's colors are simply black & white. There is no "pop" of color ... just black and white. Her wedding is May 22nd so I will be sure to have some pictures from then as well.

The shower was set up in the home of a friend and had multiple tables set up around the dining room and living room for everyone to sit at. Each table had a different black & white fabric under the centerpiece with a vase of flowers and frames with the bride and groom growing up.

The food was a wonderful mix of bunch items and a delicious cake. Lots of fresh fruit. My favorite was the potato casserole.

The cake was made and decorated by a friend of the bride's mom. It was a light and fluffy cherry chip cake with the most decedent buttercream frosting.

I don't have permission to post pictures of the guests but I wanted to show off the gift that I made for the bride. It is a bath towel wedding cake.

The bottom layer is 2 bath towels folded in thirds and rolled. The middle layer is 2 hand towels and the top layer 2 washcloths. To decorate the layers I printed off digital scrapbook paper and made 2" wide strips. Then added the white grosgrain ribbon. The monogram hand towel was the final touch that really pulled it all together. It took me less than an hour to assemble and decorate the cake. It was also a HUGE hit at the shower.
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails