Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Honoring those that have past

Mr. B and I don't have ANY living grandparents. Not one. I have seen many ways of honoring those that could not be physically present at weddings. I don't want the wedding to be a memorial service so instead there will be small touches which will remind us of them.

This is my Grandma Ellie and Grandpa George (my father's parents) on their wedding day.

We will be using their wedding bands. I am already wearing the engagement ring and when Mr. B tried on my Grandpa's band it fit perfectly. No need for any size adjustment. It was meant to be. They both lost their battles with cancer in 2001/2002. They were together in Heaven for their 50th anniversary. I think wearing their rings is the best way to honor them & their marriage.

This is my Grandma K (my mother's mother).

I have not yet found a way to honor her. Perhaps a piece of jewelry or a handkerchief? A nod to her pin curls in this picture (although I would want mine much looser)? I also found this option while I was searching, which seems fitting because my Grandma K did have Breast Cancer:

{source}

{source}

I have to ask Mr. B what he would like to do to honor his grandparents. I think having a few candles similar to this may be an option since he doesn't have pictures or anything of theirs to wear.

{source}

Will there be special family honored at your wedding?

2 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

We're still thinking of a way as well.. maybe a memory table!?
RelentlessBride

Jenn said...

That's incredible that you're able to wear their rings. All of my grandparents are gone too, except one grandmother who lives in Australia and can't travel.

Related Posts with Thumbnails