Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Home is Where the Heart Is: We Rehearse (part 1)

Since this is the official beginning of the recaps, and not the prep work I decided on a new name for this series of posts. "Home is Where the Heart Is" seemed like a perfect fit with our wedding taking place at my parent's home. Don't you think?

I had been on the fence about needing to have a rehearsal. Mr. B was a firm "No" He didn't think there was anything we needed to practice. My Mom had been the original one to suggest a rehearsal, so she was in the "Yes" camp. The DOC made the final decision, we needed to have one. She didn't want any surprises or snafus on the wedding day.

We planned to start right at 6pm, since that is when the ceremony would be starting on Saturday. We had been working around the house on last minute projects so when my MOH arrived with the kids I was surprised it was time to get ready.

The DJ (MOH's Husband) started setting up the sound system.
amber&billDSC_8319

The ceremony musicians got warmed up
amber&billDSC_8278

The minister made some final notes
IMG_7339.JPG

BUT Miss G was running out of steam (and so was I if you look at my face).
IMG_7345.JPG

I don't blame her. She had picture day at school that morning, then she went to after-school care. We she got to Grandma's she was thrown right into more activity. Grandma gave her a pep talk and that seemed to help:amber&billDSC_8282

Now all we had to do was wait for Grandpa to change and for the photographer to arrive so we could get this show on the road.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails