Tuesday, August 11, 2009

DIY: Hostess Gifts

I had a wonderful & beautiful bridal shower on Saturday. Three of my closest friends pitched in and put together an afternoon shower that I really enjoyed. The pictures are on my other camera, so you will have to wait to see the adorable photos of us that they used as decor, and to see the beautiful cheesecake display, and all the other blue and sunflower goodness!

I took some quick photos of the hostess gifts that I made for them. It wasn't my original idea since Mrs. Latte and Miss Stiletto both have created these, but I really loved their idea. I did put my own little spin on the idea.

I used my digital scrapbooking supplies yet again to create the "Thank You" design that I cut out and put on the kraft paper bags.


I made coordinating tags for each of the items that say:
"... for being so sweet"

Another friend that is better in the kitchen than I am, came over Friday night and helped me make a batch of caramel brownies. It is a good thing we made two batches ... they were SO good!

"... for showering me with love"

This gift was a simple bar of ivory soap that I dressed up with the instructions from the lovely Miss Apple Cider. I had been looking for cute little decorative soaps, but I couldn't find any I liked. The papers were printed from the digital scrapbooking kit and then cut to size and wrapped up.

"... for lighting up my day"

I had the ivory pillar candles already, so I found nice little trays for them to sit on, the turned to my digital scrapbooking supplies to make a cute wrap to go around the candle. The paper has to be removed before lighting the candle, but it made the presentation SO cute!


The ladies thought the gifts were adorable, and I am so glad. Saying thank you for all their hard work was the least I could do.

Did you give thank you gifts to the hostess at your shower.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails