Friday, July 3, 2009

On the hunt

Last night I was sitting in my parent's kitchen before dinner. Out of the blue I was struck with inspiration! (Don't you just love it when that happens) You see my mom has a small collection of blue glass jars on the ledge behind her sink.

{source}

Mom's collection is NOT that big ... but look at that vibrant color ... the texture ... the different shapes. Yes ... I am now on the hunt for cobalt blue glass bottles and jars. How beautiful is this:

{Source}

perfect, right?

I have posted on my local freecycle & craiglist. I will be hitting up the Goodwill, the Salvation Army and any other thrift store I can find around town. If I only find a few I will reserve the "look" for the photobooth/guestbook table. If I can find enough I may have changed my idea for the centerpieces. It is easy to do since the flowers are DIY!

Where did you get the inspiration for your centerpieces?

3 comments:

Samantha said...

That's totally cute!! I love it!

♥ Elena said...

I'm still on the search for blue mason jars.

Unknown said...

The blue looks great with the sunflowers. I was online and thought of adding another color to our just blue and white wedding and I saw some calla lilies and lemons and thought...YELLOW!! And your picture proves again for me how great blue and yellow look together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails