Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Familymoon

I hinted about this before, but I wanted to explain our "Familymoon" in a little more in detail.

When Mr. B and I started talking weddings and honeymoons we knew that everything had to stay within our budget. For the most part Mr.B doesn't want my parent's to pay for our wedding. He feels they have already paid for my 1st wedding, and in part both of my twin brother's weddings. Since our budget wasn't very big we knew that a honeymoon would have to be close to home.

We talked about staying in Las Vegas a couple days when we were still discussing having the ceremony up there. Once we crossed those plans off the list we crossed off the Vegas honeymoon as well.

{source}

We looked into going on a cruise, but we would need to leave the reception early to make all-night flights to leave on a Sunday from Texas. No thanks!

{source}

We thought about not going on a honeymoon at all and just stay at home and relax after the wedding. In fact for a while that is the decision we had landed on until my mom made a suggestion.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

{source}

Yep, that's right ... Disneyland! Her suggestion actually made sense. This whole wedding was about becoming a Family, so why not include the kids and make it a family vacation! Once Mr. B started seeing the package prices he was on board as well. Plus, with the current "What Will You Celebrate" we are hoping for a few extra perks.

So that we get a little time to ourselves before we leave Mr.B and I will go to a local hotel after the reception and have some "Us" time. On Monday & Tuesday we will tie up any loose ends from the wedding and let the kids go to school a couple days to make sure they don't miss too much school. Then Wednesday AM we will head out for Disneyland.

Tentative plans have us in Disneyland and California Adventure from Wednesday afternoon till Friday after dinner as a family. Then Little A and Miss G will go spend the weekend with their Dad in Orange County and Mr.B and I will hang out down at the beach.

{source}

I will be honest and say that I haven't spent too much time researching the 2nd half of the Familymoon. I am not sure how close to the beach we will stay, or if we will even stay in Orange County. Mr. B and I might even head down to San Diego after we drop off the kids. San Diego is his old stomping grounds and he prefers those beaches. We would also have the opportunity to meet up with Jill (who did our engagement photos) at Imperial Beach and do some "After Wedding/TDD" photos on the beach.

There will be more posts about our Familymoon as details and reservations are made. Do you have any Disneyland vacation tips to share? Would you consider a Familymoon if you have kids?

1 comment:

Shelby said...

It's funny that you said ya'll are going to DisneyLand. I soooo wanted to do Disney World! It's my favorite place and better yet, completely doable since we're only an hour and a half west of Orlando. My concern was we actually wanted to honeymoon without the kids and how can I go to Disney without my youngins? I'd feel so guilty! So we're hoping to go to Tennessee instead! LoL

Related Posts with Thumbnails