Saturday, July 17, 2010

Let the Parties Begin

With my daughters help and my helping her, we have created some awesome cakes and parties for the kids over the years.

Each one taught us something for the next one.

With the 'Grands' now 8, 6, 6, 4, 4, 2 and 2, we have come up with an array of different themes for each of them..

Before we move onto current or upcoming events, let's start at the beginning and I will show off, yes sometimes I like to ring my own bell, especially when it comes to our parties and my daughters cakes, just what we have created.


Let me take you back to 2003 and the 'Grand' Bugs 1st Noah's Ark Birthday. It was a very small gathering and we didn't really do much in the way of decorating.


Back then, it was mainly about the cake. This cake portraited his nursery and began with a picture out of a magazine my SIL sent, knowing I could create the cake. You see, my kids always had theme parties growing up. How well the family knew me, that now a grandmother, I would continue, improve and create some awesome cakes and parties for the 'Grands'. This cake was very easy to make. Using a single layer of round, I cut it in half. So that it would sit on the plate, I cut a small section off the rounded in that also helped in forming the ark. The top of the boat was created by stacking rectangle cookies. The animals were from a box of animal cookies that I painted with icing. As you can see he really enjoyed his cake.



Looking back, never did we think then that our parties would become what they are today. I hope you enjoy reading as much as we enjoy sharing the parties we have created.
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails