Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DOC Meeting

Last night I had the pleasure of meeting with a wonderful wedding planner. Her name is Laurie from Circle The Date. After our first meeting, I would definitely recommend anyone planning an event in town, to head her way. She has multiple different packages and is not just a wedding planner, more of an event planner.

From our previous emails I had already told her a lot about our wedding, so she already had the idea that I am a DIY Bride with LOTS of my own ideas. I just need help getting everything done on the day of the wedding. After reading Mrs. Penguin's post yesterday about her regret over not having a planner, I was definitely interested in Laurie's DOC services. This is the package that she presented to us:

Aquamarine Package

This package includes wedding day coordination
  • Two one hour consultations
  • Unlimited phone and email consultations
  • Assist with planning decisions
  • Final vendor confirmations
  • Detail wedding day itinerary/agenda (Event Timeline)
  • Orchestrate rehearsal and ceremony (up to 2 hours)
  • Eight hours wedding and reception coordination
  • Transport flowers from church to reception
  • Organize bridal party
  • Keep the wedding party and families stress free
  • Assist photographer, videographer, and band/DJ
  • Organize, setup, and break-down: Decorations, guest book, pen, programs, favors, candles, etc.
  • Reception Timeline coordination (first dance, toast, cake cutting, etc.)
  • Secure gifts, personal items, and wedding items into car
I would jump at this in a heartbeat! It is exactly what I want, but with recent budget cuts I can't afford her rates.

Now I am left to figure out how to organize a crew to be sure everything gets done. I would hate to be the bride that has her friends and family doing everything the days before and day of the wedding. That isn't enjoyable for anyone.

If you didn't have a DOC or on-site venue coordinator, what did you do? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails